Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Behavior Technician
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Behavior Technician who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children with autism and other special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) health insurance funded Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
• Part Time Behavior Technician
• Various cases throughout Nassau & Suffolk County
• Availability for 5 hours on weekends
• Work collaboratively with a Board Certified Behavior Analyst/Licensed Behavior Analyst (BCBA/LBA) clinical supervisor to collect data.
• Respond to the goals, needs and requests of clients, their families and supervisors, on an individualized basis and in a professional manner.
• Goal-oriented and maintain professionalism in all aspects of your work.
• Maintain the confidentiality of information regarding clients and families in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
• Acquire and maintain registered behavioral technician (RBT) credential within the first 120 days of employment (Family of Kidz to provide the course as part of your employment).
• And more!
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children, families and therapists
• Sterling values, high integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong ethics and morals
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
• Act with humility and grace
• Empathetic & considerate of others
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
And this background:
• High School diploma – Associate Degree preferred.
• Experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum or other special needs plus.
• Ability to commit to a schedule of 5 Hrs. on the weekends
• Comfortable working in a client’s home.
• Must attend a mandatory 5 evening paid training.
• Reliable transportation to and from client’s home.
• Must have a reliable device to take session notes (iPad/Laptop/Tablet)
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
In an effort to keep our clients and community safe, we are requiring all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and reasonable accommodations to this requirement will be considered to assist any applicant who is disabled, has a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to the vaccination, or who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Employee Recognition Program
• Bonus Plan based on case hours
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Three tier job placement
• Full Time opportunities available
• Professional Development Assistance