Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children with special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Mental Health Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
• Fee for Service Licensed Mental Health Counselor for school-age children
• Various cases throughout Nassau & Suffolk County
• Availability during & after school hours
• Providing individual cognitive-behavioral counseling to children and adolescents.
• Provide group counseling to children and adolescents.
• Provide parenting training and counseling.
• Conduct assessments and social history.
• Develop and plan individualized interventions and evidence-based treatment.
• Collaborate with school staff and other personnel in implementing strategies to promote learning.
• And more!
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children, families and therapists
• Sterling values, high integrity, high ethical standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
• Act with humility and grace
• Empathetic & considerate of others
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
And this background:
• Master’s level licensed in LMHC or higher
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families
• Cognitive-behavioral therapy trained preferred
• Training in child development highly preferred
• Bilingual is a plus
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
In an effort to keep our clients and community safe, we are requiring all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or agree to submit a weekly PCR test upon hire.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Paid Time Off
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Full Time opportunities available
• Professional Development Assistance