Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: School Psychologist
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging School Psychologist who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of evaluations and care to families of children with special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Mental Health Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
• Fee for Service School Psychologist (salaried positions also available)
• Nassau & Suffolk County
• Available during school hours (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm; 9am-5pm)
• Conduct psychoeducational assessments
• Provide counseling/parent training/direct therapy services, as mandated by a student’s IEP, BIP or 504 plans.
• Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and design behavior intervention plans and support programs.
• Provide parents, teachers and families consultation to enhance child’s ability to learn within the educational environment and development of community resources to meet needs.
• Maintain positive communication between school staff, supervisors and families.
• Participate in IEP Conferences, annual reviews and other special meetings as needed.
• And more!
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children, families and therapists
• Sterling values, high integrity, high ethical standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
• Act with humility and grace
• Empathetic & considerate of others
And this background:
• NYS Certified School Psychologist, Provisional or Permanent
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families.
• Bilingual is a plus
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
In an effort to keep our clients and community safe, we are requiring all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or agree to submit a weekly PCR test upon hire.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Full Time opportunities available
• Professional Development Assistance