Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Special Educator- School Age Student
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Special Educator who is passionate about working in collaboration with school districts, families, and our best-in-class team to deliver the highest quality of care.
In this highly visible and fast-paced role, you will be joining a dynamic Special Education team whose goal it is to provide data-based, effective programming to our students and a collaborative and supportive work environment to all team members!
About this role:
• Full-Time Special Educator for school district case
• School Hours Monday-Friday
• Montauk, NY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with students in the home setting to provide individualized lessons which target Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals
• Develop creative and multi-sensory lessons based on IEP goals to engage and captivate learners with various abilities
• Collect meaningful data on IEP goals and report quarterly on child’s progress with IEP goals
• Ongoing communication with lead supervisors and school team
• Maintain accurate attendance and submit electronic billing on a daily basis
• Knowledge of discrete trial instruction, natural environment teaching, and incidental teaching is a plus
• Attend professional development trainings to maintain best practice approach and continue personal development
• Maintain professionalism with parents, teachers, and other professionals
• Attend CSE meetings
Skills and Competencies:
• Passionate about working with children and their families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
• Self-starter and independent problem solver
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Sterling values, high integrity, empathetic and considerate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
• Must be a team-player
• NYS Certification SWD (1-6, 5-9, or 7-12 or Permanent)
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families preferred
• Bilingual is a plus
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Paid Time Off
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Professional Development Assistance