Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Special Educator of Center Based Interim Alternative Services
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Special Educator who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children with special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Center Based Interim Alternative Services Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
* Full-Time Special Educator for school-age children and adolescents.
* Located in New Hyde Park
* Availability during school hours (8:00am-4:00pm) full calendar year
* Plans and implements Individualized Educational Plans.
* Prepares daily lesson plans with emphasis on individualized instruction and IEP goals.
* Writes individualized academic program indicating how a skill will be taught.
* Provide feedback to staff as needed regarding implementation of IEP goals.
* Reports on academic progress quarterly.
* Plans individual and group activities for children to stimulate growth in language, social and motor skills.
* Develop and utilized a variety of teaching approaches that are suitable for students with a wide range of mental, physical and emotional needs.
* Perform other work as assigned by supervisors including working directly with students.
* And more!
If you have these attributes:
* Passionate to teach children and adolescents
* Sterling values, high integrity
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Exposure to the practice of maintaining a high level of confidentiality
* Excellent time management/organizational skills
* Act with humility and grace
* Empathetic & considerate of others
* Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
And this background:
* NYS Certification as a Special Education Teacher (1-6 and/or 7-12)
* Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families.
* Bilingual is a plus
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why Join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
In an effort to keep our clients and community safe, we are requiring all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or agree to submit a weekly PCR test upon hire.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
* Paid Time Off
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Health Savings Account
* Life insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Referral program
* Professional Development Assistance