Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Speech Therapist
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Speech Therapist who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children with special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Speech Therapist Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
• Part-Time Speech Therapist for Early Intervention
• Garden City, NY
• Saturdays 9am-1pm
• Design and implement creative individual and/or group therapeutic interventions for all children on your caseload.
• Administer and write up speech and language evaluations.
• Develop appropriate functional goals using IEP direct.
• Complete daily log notes.
• Complete quarterly progress reports via IEP direct.
• Administer and write-up Annual Review reports for all preschool and school age children.
• Assess and complete 6-month progress reports for EI children, attend IFSP meetings as necessary.
• Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure consistency and maximize gains for the children on your caseload.
• Provide input and attend/teleconference initial CPSE/CSE meetings and/or annual reviews.
• And more!
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children and their families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
• Self-starter and independent problem solver
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Sterling values, high integrity, empathetic and considerate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
• Must be a team player
• Life-long learner who is committed to personal development
And this background:
• Current NYS Licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist
• NYSED Certifications: TSSLD or TSHH
• Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families.
• Experience working with School Age Children on the Autism Spectrum and/or a strong interest in the field a must
• Bilingual is a plus.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Professional Development Assistance