Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Teacher Assistant for School Age Child
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Teacher Assistant who is passionate about working with a best-in-class team that delivers the highest quality of care to families of children with special needs.
At Family of Kidz, you will be joining a dynamic Early Intervention Team where each team member is incredibly valued!
About this role:
• Full-Time Teacher Assistant for school district case
• Montauk, NY
• Monday-Friday school hours
• Familiarity with basic behavior intervention strategies and principles
• Participate in developing and maintaining data collection to ensure success of academic and behavioral plans.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children, parents and staff.
• Assist in managing the behaviors of students and crisis intervention including restraint.
• Participate in team meetings as appropriate.
• And more!
If you have these attributes:
• Passionate to work with children, families and therapists
• Sterling values, high integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exposure to the practice of maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
• Act with humility and grace
• Empathetic & considerate of others
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
And this background:
• High School Diploma or equivalent – Associates preferred.
• Experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum a plus
• Bilingual is a plus.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Paid Time Off
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Professional Development Assistance