Learn about Kidz Therapy Services, PLLC
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Position: Teacher of the Hearing Impaired
Family of Kidz is seeking a proactive and engaging Teacher of the Hearing Impaired who is passionate about working in collaboration with school districts, families, and our best-in-class team to deliver the highest quality of care.
In this highly visible and fast-paced role, you will be joining a dynamic Special Education team whose goal it is to provide data-based, effective programming to our students and a collaborative and supportive work environment to all team members!
About this role:
• Part-Time Teacher of the Hearing Impaired for School Age children
• Various cases throughout Nassau & Suffolk County
• Available during and after school hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initial and on-going assessments designed for deaf and hard of hearing students.
• Provide instruction and support to students in the development and maintenance of skills specified in the students’ IEP.
• Ongoing communication with lead supervisors and school team
• Maintain accurate attendance and submit electronic billing on a daily basis
• Attend professional development trainings to maintain best practice approach and continue personal development
• Maintain professionalism with parents, teachers, and other professionals
• Attend CSE meetings
Skills and Competencies:
• Passionate about working with children and their families
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to collaborate with various professionals
• Self-starter and independent problem solver
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible thinker with the ability to pivot when necessary
• Must be a team-player
• NYS Certification Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing
• Minimum of (1) year experience working in a setting focusing on supporting children and their families preferred
• Bilingual is a plus
Then we are looking forward to receiving your resume!
Why join our Family?
Since 1998, Family of Kidz has brought together highly qualified teams of professionals who work diligently to help children with special needs, from birth to adulthood. Our focus is on establishing a strong understanding of each child’s needs and teaching them skills that lead to greater independence and an enhanced quality of life.
Family of Kidz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
In an effort to keep our clients and community safe, we are requiring all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or agree to submit a weekly PCR test upon hire.
Family of Kidz offerings include:
• Employee assistance program
• Referral program
• Full Time opportunities available
• Professional Development Assistance